This model search is not your typical runway show, it also incorporates a pageant aspect. Former titleholders such as Katie Starke, Sara Winters, and Savanagh Walker have all found great success in both the modelling and pageant industry through associations with Miss Teenage Canada and now, Top Model Search Canada.
Now, here’s a bit more about the competition.
The Top Model Search Canada Competition is heading across the country in search for gorgeous young women to compete and become Canada’s new generation of supermodels. Over 40 finalists will be selected from across the country to compete for the crown and the modelling contract in the summer in Toronto—the winner becomes the next Miss Supranational Canada, and runners up become Top Model of the World Canada and Miss Supermodel Canada International!
The dates for this year’s competition is August 12-17th, 2014 and as previously stated, in Toronto.
So how can you get involved in this life changing, career starting experience? Apply! You can apply online at the Topmodelsearchcanada.com
Here are the basic requirements and expectations of the model search:
- Can commit to putting 100% into everything you do
- Are willing to listen, learn and grow as a person through the Top Model Search Canada experience
- Willing to travel
- Enjoy being the center of attention and want to be in the public eye
- Love glamour, fashion and glitz
- Love to travel and experience new culture
- Love to perform and be on stage
- Want to have an exciting new experience and make new friends from all over Canada
- You are 5’7 or Taller ( we will accept 5’6 if you are exceptional)
- You are no younger then 17 and no older then 27
- You reside in Canada
- You feel you have what it takes to be a model
From a pageant stand-point, I can honestly say that there is no other feeling that compares to being on stage. There is very little difference between working the runway and performing in a pageant, and for those reason, it would be a very easy transfer for those in either industry and for them to be successful. If there is anything I’ve learned throughout the past two years working with Miss Teenage Canada, it is that you must embrace yourself and explore all your options. I never thought I would be in the pageant/modelling industry, but I stepped out from my comfort zone and at the young age of fourteen and was so grateful to jump into the welcoming arms of Miss Teenage Canada! I am now a titleholder as well as a gown model for YYC Gown Rentals! Pageants can open so many doors and one leads straight into modelling.
So to all you gorgeous Canadian women out there, apply today! Become internationally known, begin your career, shine on forever!
Until Next Time,
Sabrina- Miss Teenage Southern Alberta 2014